Quite a number of time people are tempted to ask themselves “why am I like this?” to some unpleasant situation, experiences and period of life. But in this midst of the questioning, one thing that is most paramount is NOT to ask God why am I like this but rather LORD what is it that I have not done?
Paying a close attention to the experience of Rebeccah the wife of Isaac in Gen. 25:22-25, the situation she was was an unpalatable one as her day of delivery draws very near. Going by the common natural human sense, the conclusion could have been that the pain and inconveniences she was facing was due to the labour but let’s study deep beyond the natural occurence of woman.
While pain and other unpleasant experiences of life are constant and could be inevitable, the cause of it should be our point of approach to getting out of the experience. Blessed God that the pain which Rebecca went through was because of the two nations which were in her! Gen. 25:23
So, hold on! Your present seemingly unpleasant circumstance(s) could be becuase of the delivery of nations which you are about to birth.
There are several reasons that could have brought you into your current situation, take few moment to examine how you get there so as not to fight in vain.
Things that happen to you could be as a result of:
- Destiny: The delivery of your glorious destiny could be the main reason behind what you’re going through which is unpleasant.
- The Lord wants to reveal His glory. The story of the man born blind in John chapter 9 tells us that God had an original plan of reveling Hisn ultimate glory in the life of this tagged “disabled man” even when no one knows.
- As a result of disobedient.
- As a result of Ignorance or lack of adequate knowledge
- Being Complacent. i.e accepting fate as the final determinant
- Carelesness and/or Passiveness: When you are too simple. Proverbs 1:22
- As a result of fear. Fear which is absenct of faith could be a major cause. “Remember,if you are in fear, you are a slave!”
- Sin and/or Immorality. Isaiah 59:1-4
- Transgresion. When you are go beyond your boundary in things of God and the leaders placed over you.
- Iniquity. When you do a thing but not doing it adequately. Lamentation 4:1-6
- Satanic Affliction. Job 2:7-10
- Laziness. Prov. 6:10
- Prayerlessness John 15:5
With all the points listed above,take time to examine yourself and life to see what could have led you here and do the needful.
Compliments of the Seasons.